Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Habits 07/25/2019

               We all have habits, some are good some are not. One habit you have, and I doubt that you can change it, you sleep on the same side of your bed each night. Yes, I know, a person who sleeps along might roll all over the bed, but you get into bed on the same side each night. Habits, we all have them.

            This short note has nothing to do with sleeping positions. I just wanted to point out that we all have habits.

            Yesterday, after a day of work, I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker with a beverage. The work I had done was to replace one of the security cameras. I replaced said camera because I like the clarity that the new cameras provide. The old cameras work ok but the color is not good and they are not as high in definition as the new cameras.

            It took me probably an hour to decide to do this work. I reviewed all the work I would need to do, in order to replace a camera, and it was a daunting task! I put about 3 hours into the project, not counting the review process. To be honest, the camera is installed and it is working, but there is still some work that needs to be done if I am to consider this project a success.

            The most difficult part of this project is running and removing the wires. The old camera had a different connection than the new camera has, which means remove and install new wires. The new wire runs from the DVR 100 feet to the camera location.

            Before I started the project, I decided to run two sets of wires, as I also plan to replace another camera on that side of the Homestead.

            As I sat outside this morning in the cool 60 degree air (record low temp this morning), I was considering what my work load would be today. I then decided to replace another camera, this means I will have 4 new cameras. As I sat there coffee in hand I could see the wire for the 4th camera would need to be replaced. Another day of work ahead of me, no rest for the retired senior feeble minded person, me!

            Now let’s get back to the Habitual problems of mankind.

            Yesterday, after a day of work, I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker with a beverage. If that statement seems familiar, I copied it from above and pasted it there in order to save time. I was resting and watching the world go by when this pickup belonging to a male person who lives a few houses up the street, came around the corner heading for his drive way. There is usually no traffic on this street, so we residents get use to driving however we want.

            This person rounded the corner and was driving in the middle of the street, then, to turn into his drive way, he was driving on the wrong side of the street. That would all be good except there was a vehicle coming toward him on the right side of the street. The other vehicle came to a stop and the pickup proceeded into his driveway, possibly never knowing he drove in front of the vehicle.

            I believe he was so use to coming around the corner and driving in the middle or wrong side of the street (Habit) that he no longer looks for traffic.

            The only habit I am going to approve for you is, “To read my rantings”!

Get into the Habit of being nice!

 

Senior workaholic; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: