Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Early morning work 07/11/2019

            I popped out of bed at the normal time this Thursday morning, 5:30am. As usual I had a couple cups of fake coffee and watch the so-called morning news. I then found some clothes to put on and headed out to the back yard and the rose bush bed. Tres and I grabbed some tools that would allow us to break up the dirt and remove the dead grass, then we headed for the flower bed.
            I was on my knees praying for a cool breeze and easy work. The cool breeze did come but the easy work never arrived.
            Tres and I put in about one hour of hard work prior to the sun reaching the work area. Hot and sweaty we staggered back to the shed and replaced the tools. We were able to also clean out one of the above ground sprinkler heads that seem to be clogged, it works better now.
            I staggered to the house and headed to the shower were I was slowly revived. As the warm summer water ran over my senior body, I was reminded of a friend and retired employee of DIB. That comment sounds a little odd, so you should continue reading or, you may have a misconception of what I was about to say.
            This friend whose name is Wayne, often said he did not like coming to Texas in the summer, because he could not get a cool or cold shower. He would say that he would turn on the cold water but it is very warm due to the continual summer heat.
                                               
            In the above photo we see a rose sweating like crazy. It is hot in Texas.
Did you even see the surprise Lilly in the back of the photo?

Enjoy this summer weather, winter is coming!
Senior summer yard worker; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: