Translate

Monday, March 25, 2019

What happened Friday on 03/2519


            Typical Friday, nothing new.
            Question: why do pecan trees not produce leaves when other trees do? I have an opinion. Big surprise, Don has an opinion! My opinion is, they allow all the other trees to fill the air with pollen first, then as the other trees stop pollenating, the pecan trees do their thing. Continuation of Allergies for all!
                                                           
            I did move one of the bird homesteads a couple feet, Charlie was in the tree and he was trying to get into the red homestead. The occupants didn’t seem to mind.
            I did finish pulling the grass and weeds from the black berry plants. I wish there was something I could spray to kill the grass but not bother the black berries. Do you know how hard it is for a 70 plus year old man to crawl around a bunch of black berries, which have thorns all over them and also pull those weeds? Well, it is hard work!
What happened Saturday
            It sprinkled rain this morning. There was not enough in the rain gage to measure, although the driveway was wet.
            Occasionally saying nice job to someone helps that person’s morale. I had placed some stepping stones in front of a bench and I asked someone if they had seen the work. The person said, there is some dirt on them, they need to be swept. There was nothing said about nice job.
            I did get the Fords ole riding mower out and mowed the back yard, it does look a little better. Front yard needs to be mowed but it was not.
                                                                   
What happened Sunday
               We went to the barrel for brunch. It took a longer than normal time, to get the food to our table. The server was busy and polite but it did take longer than usual to get food. When the bill came, we had not been charged for the coffee and large milk. I could have simply paid the bill as is, and went on thinking it was their error. I being honest, called the waiter over and showed him that we were not charged for the coffee and milk. He stopped me and said, I did not charge you for the coffee and milk because it took too long to get your food to you. I then said ok and paid the reduced bill.
            I try to never cheat anyone, even if they make a mistake. I hope that I am treated the same way.
            New subject: I removed the flowers from the hot house today. My spouse of almost 5 decades (April 5th 2019 will be 50 years for me and my present spouse) and I worked together in transplanting some of the flowers. Most of them are still sitting in the back yard, and will be worked with this week. Next year I need less flowers to put in the hot house or I need either, a second hot house, or a larger hot house. The photo below shows some of the flowers.

                                                          
            I have, or had, a 100 foot long extension cord that I used to power the heat lamp in the hot house. As I was mowing Saturday, I cut that cord into three pieces. I will need to purchase a male and female connector for the cord and replace them. The cord is still 80 foot long and should work just fine next year.
            My favorite spouse of almost 5 decades and I are very tired from working on, and with the flowers. I will complete the work this week, hopefully.

Help someone today, you, we, will need help someday!

Senior grounds keeper; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: