Translate

Monday, March 4, 2019

It could happen to you 02.04.19

            As I understand it, astronomical spring has begun. Is that why we were in the 20s this weekend? Spring is supposed to be warm, but for some reason it isn’t. What the heck happened to climate warming?
            Cold or warm has nothing to do with my thoughts, my thoughts have to do with sleeping. I, personally wake up many times during my night of sleeping. I roll over many times and I am almost always out from under the covers, (I wanted to say I am usually hot but you would have taken that statement wrong).
            I was told by my sister that my mother would go to sleep and stay in the same sleeping position all night. I did not get her sleeping habits.
            Anyway, my favorite wife purchased a couple new pillows and they are supposed to stay cool. That would be a good thing for me if that were true, a cool pillow would be nice.
            Well we used the new pillows Friday night and we both slept very well. I only rolled over a couple time all night, and that isn’t like me. My spouse of almost 5 decades said she didn’t wake up or roll over at all. Could those pillows work, or was it just luck, we will try again Saturday night and keep you informed.
            Saturday: we had another good night of sleeping. For me it wasn’t as good as the first night but it was defiantly an improvement over my normal sleep pattern. I guess we will keep the pillows.
            Sunday: we went to the Barrel restraint for breakfast this morning. The manager came by our table and I suggested that since our table was located at this poor location, he should give me a free Tee shirt. He said he would if I would wear it, to which I agreed. Photo to follow.


            The quality of the photo isn’t very good as it was taken with my ole cell phone. I hope to someday get a good quality cell phone, one that cost more than $49.00.
            After breakfast I tried to get gas at the local gas station, the wind was blowing like crazy. The machine kept indicating I should remove my card and then it wanted me to try again. After about 4 tries I decided I could do without gas. Frustrated, I also decided that I did not need to go to Wally world either.
            After a short nap, I decided to go into the garage and cut some boards. It was very cold so I had a heater turned on. I butchered three boards, which give me enough pieces to build 4 bird homesteads. I am hoping Alex and maybe Gabi, will want to build a bird house during spring break. I swept the garage floor three times after sawing, and then vacuumed the floor in an effort to remove the saw dust. I had completed the work and clean up and brought my favorite wife’s vehicle back into the garage. I picked up my notes and I then realized I still needed to make a couple more cuts. I guess there is no rest for the seniors
            Monday: It is below freezing this morning, and they are saying our temp may get as high as 37 degrees today. That is cold for those of us who live in this area of Texas. The so-called weather people are saying these cold temps will stay for the next couple days, and by Friday we could be in the 70s. As they say, “If you don’t like the weather in Texas wait a little while, it will change”!

May your week be warm and safe!

Wood butcher extraordinaire; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: