Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Another day, not another dollar 03.28.19

            The title line means, every day that passes takes more money from us senior retired people.

            I had thought about getting a ticket for the drawing last night but then I thought, “what would I do with all that money”. As we all know, I am very lucky, and if I had purchase the ticket for the drawing I would have won. What would I do with 500 million dollars in cash? It would have been nothing more than a pain in the back side. If I won that money I could no longer sit outside in the afternoon with my diet soda.

            I am glad I didn’t spend that dollar for the ticket. Can you imagine everyone wanting to be your friend? Even the politicians would want to talk with you. Then all the charities would want you to be their friends. I could go on and on, but let’s just say, I am glad I didn’t purchase a ticket!

 

            I need to get ready to take Gabi to school and I haven’t had a cup of real coffee yet. I hope I don’t go to sleep while I am driving. Maybe I will make it back without falling to sleep, it takes almost 10 minutes round trip. Tres goes along on this trip, so if I were to try and make it to the star coffee place, I would have him looking over my shoulder for the entire trip. Do you have any idea what it is like to have a large dog looking over your shoulder while you are trying to constipate, I mean concentrate on driving. For some reason Tres likes the smell of coffee although I haven’t given him any, yet.

            I’m back! We took the Gabi to school but we did not go to the coffee shop, so I am drinking a cup of homemade real coffee. I guess it is better than nothing.

 

            This morning I took a shower in our in house shower. Later I learned that the neighbor has started running his sprinklers. That will save us a lot of money as I can take my shower in his front yard. I need to record which days he has his sprinklers running, so I don’t miss out. Yes, I will probably wear a swimming suit or something while showering in his front yard. If he would run the sprinklers before sunrise I could shower in my birthday suit.

            Well, I need to get out of the office and go to the back yard. I had planned to water the flowers in the back yard yesterday afternoon but for some reason, I did not receive a reminder.

 

            I may be getting a little forgetful. Last week I left the homestead with a couple places I wanted to go, one of which was the bank to get a couple dollars for the coming week. I, unlike many of you, like to have money in my pocket and not use a card for every little purchase. My first stop was the bank, but upon arrival there were two female subjects at the teller machine, and they had it open. I decided to go on, and proceed with the other tasks, then return later to get the couple dollars.

            Why did I give you that history, it was so I could tell you this. A couple days later I opened my bill fold expecting to see a couple dollars in it but they were not there. I then assumed I had either lost the money, or had spent it, but on what? I racked my brain trying to remember what I had done with that money. Finally I just gave up and said it is gone and I don’t know where it went.

            Yesterday I went to the Home store to purchase a piece of pipe to fix one of my favorite wife’s spinners. The pipe cost $11.00 and that was the last of my cash. On the way home, I decided to drop by the teller machine and get a couple dollars even though it wasn’t Friday. Friday is the day I usually go to the teller machine. As I turned the corner going toward the bank I thought, I hope those two ladies aren’t out there working on the machine. Yep, I then thought, “Hay dummy, they were there last week and you were supposed to go back to get a couple dollars, but you didn’t go back”. That solves the mystery of where did the money go, I did not go back!

 

Don’t forget to get the money!

 

Big ole dummy; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: