Translate

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Out the door 03/07/19

            How do I start this commentary? Let’s start by saying, this winter weather is getting old. Every morning when I go to let the cats out, the cold air is like being hit on my poor ole body with an ice covered baseball bat. This morning I went to the door, both cats were there waiting. I hesitated for a moment and then reached for the door knob. I slowly turned the knob and the door opened. I was unexpectedly surprised with an influx of air that was not below freezing. It was 50 degrees, maybe spring is finally here!
            Get ready to change your clocks this weekend. For that one person who needs to know, you move the clock forward. Oh, I need to explain a little more for that one person. When we say, “Move the clocks forward”, we are not talking about physically moving the clock, we are talking about changing the time by, setting your clock one hour ahead. (2:00 am to 3:00am). It is good that I am here to help those who need help.
            Since it is warm today, I am planning on “installing” a new black berry plant. (Installing = planting) This black berry is thorn-less. We tried a thorn-less plant in the past but it did not survive. We are trying again.
            I also need to pull some more weeds from any of the flower beds.
            I also purchased another two fence pickets, and have created a plan for a duplex bird house. Do we need this bird house? Nope! I just like building them. I also have the pieces for three more single residence bird houses cut and ready for assembly. Alex and I may work on them next week. “Spring Break”! 
                                                          
            I need a cup of coffee, C U L.
            (In the olden days, when I was on the ham radio a lot of the time, we used initials (acronyms) for words. Morse code uses dots and dashes for each letter of a word. To save time the hams would, where possible, use acronyms like C U L (see you later). The people who text today, use a lot of acronyms, possibly they think they created the short cuts.

Work hard at what you like, it will be fulfilling!

Armature radio Ham KJ5OD; Don Ford      

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: