Translate

Friday, March 15, 2019

Grandkids 03/15/19

            The grand kids took my favorite wife and a friend, along with her grandson to the movies yesterday, they said they had a good time. I wasn’t invited to the movies, so, after a period of tear filled crying, I pulled my self together and I went out and trimmed the bushes on the north end, the west side, and south end of the house.
            Later in the day, I put another bird house together. I had the parts cut so I put them together and made house #5. Yes I am numbering them. I plan to ask Gabi to draw some designs on the outside of the house. She is real good at drawing, hopefully she will do it without requiring pay. I will post a photo of the house if she will apply some designs. Before you ask, I have another house that Alex can put designs on, if he wants to. 
            I was out in the Fords ole shed yesterday, and I found something that I had forgotten I had made. There is a photo of the object. I made the dominos and the container years ago, out of ole wood from an old porch swing we had. When you are on a fixed income, you make do with what you have. Click to enlarge. 
                                                     
            Yes the container and dominos are setting on the Fords 10 year plus, old computer. Just look at the dominos, forget the back ground.
               Would it bother you if your 9 year old grandson corrected you, explaining that you used the wrong word? He then tells you the word you should have used! What the heck are they teaching these kids in school now days?
               When I was 9 years old, I was not interested in the English language, all I wanted to do was play Cowboys and Indians. Don’t get all upset over the word Indians, I have a friend who is of Native American heritage, and he uses the name Indian.
               Now that you have diverted me from my original subject, if you will allow me, I want to get back to, “Correct use of words”! The same 9 year old grandson who corrected my use of a word, followed up with no, no, no, that isn’t the correct word! That is when my educational back ground kicked in and I explained, “The plural for no, no, no, is, Nose”! Nose is the correct word to use in place of, multiple nos. it may be spelled either way, no’s or nose.  
               Would you believe that both of my favorite grand kids did not agree with me!
Should Grandkids be seen and not heard? J
Senior grandparent; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: