Translate

Monday, March 18, 2019

Weekend reviewed 03/18/19

            Welcome to the weekend in review. We here at the Ford Homestead fell the need to inform the reading public of our fun adventures over our weekend. It is also our way of not bothering everyone on their days off.

            Friday, early in the morning I had reviewed the front yard and thought that I would like to  mow it, that is if the weather warmed somewhat. Later in the day I was awakened from my noon nap by the sound of a mower running. I was able to drag my ole senior body from the recliner, and stagger to the front door. Across the street I observed a neighbor mowing his yard. He had his hooded sweat shirt on, so I knew it was still cool outside.

            As I watched that ole senior person struggle with his mower, (most of the neighbors are retired), I became aware of the sound of a second mower running. Someone else was out in the cold mowing. It was our neighbor lady on the left of our house mowing the yard (she is not retired). If an ole senior retired person and a neighbor lady can stand the cold windy weather, then I should be able to also.

            To make a short story longer, I put a heavy long sleeved shirt on, along with a hooded sweat shirt. I proceeded to get the Ford’s ole walk behind mower out and began to mow the yard. The wind was blowing like crazy. I did get the front yard mowed but I did not weed eat or do any other outside work. I don’t like the cold weather.

 

            Saturday, it was decided that we would take our noon repast at the local Barrel restaurant. I had been given a Tee shirt by the manager with the condition that I would wear it. I put my long sleeved shirt on, then put the tee shirt on over the other shirt. We had a light lunch but the Manager wasn’t there. I asked for the second in charge and I instructed him to take a photo of me and my shirt. He said he would text it to the manager who had the weekend off. 

          Arriving back home, my present spouse wanted to paint a metal bench which sits in the front yard. I carried it into the garage and she did the painting. She then proceeded to clean out some of the flower beds. Later I helped pick up the stuff she cleaned out.

          I worked on a project for a bird feeder. I cut some boards and put them together. I commented that it was very ugly, my first wife agreed! That may be the first time she has ever agreed with me! No photo to follow.

          I then cleaned up the garage area and carried the metal bench back out into the front yard. All in all not a bad day.

            Sunday; I and my spouse of almost 5 decades are doing the DNA thing. As a note, my wife and I will be married 5 complete decades in April. For that one person who wants to know what a decade is, I suggest you may want to Google it. When you have learned what a decade is then ask your grandchild to multiply it times 5. The answer you will receive from the grandchild will enlighten you as to how long 5 decades is. If the grandchild explains to you that 5 decades is equal to half a century, you may again want to go to Google and ask what a century is. How time flies when you are married.

            At some point in the future I should know from our DNA, if I am related to royalty or not. Possibly I am related to Henry. I was called Henry by a friend when I was real young. It may be a real adventure. 

 

Work hard today, and you will be tired!

 

I will not be tired today: Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: