Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Wild life report 08.14.17

                Sunday morning early I decided to get out in the back yard and water the plants. It was still cool, and I did not want to have to water both the front and back yards this afternoon. As I was watering I observed either a hawk or an eagle in the tree a few houses down from us. It was flapping its wings and I thought it was at a nest feeding the baby.
                That afternoon I went out in the back yard to cover the riding mower as it might rain later tonight. As I walked past the Ford’s hot house something hit one of the walls. I thought that a bird may have gotten in so I walked over and look in. There was no bird, but there was a half grown rabbit. The rabbit trying to escape was jumping into the glass walls. Not wanting it to hurt itself, I walked to the back of the hot house and the rabbit went to the front where the door was open.
                The rabbit escaped!

                As I covered the mower I remembered the hawk or eagle and decided to get a real camera and sit out there in the kid’s fort and see if I could get a photo. During my time in the fort I did see 4 hawks or eagles but none in the tree. The hawk or eagle may have had breakfast in the tree for him or herself this morning and there may not be a nest.
                I did get a couple photos and I will post two, you can decide what it is.



Both photos are of the same bird taken seconds apart. The sky was partly cloudy and partly clear. Click to enlarge.
Fly high and free!
Don Ford

1 comment: