Translate

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Schedule change 08.23.17

                How do I come up with such good titles, it amazes me!

                For those of us who are known as senior citizens, we know that schedules are, knowingly or not, followed religiously. That means, we stick to our normal schedules without thinking about it.

                Well, my schedule has changed this week and I have been almost lost, at least confused, and for sure disappointed.

                One might ask, “How has the Donald’s schedule changed,” allow me to elaborate. The grand kids have started school, need I say more?

                Let’s review how my schedule has changed. Instead of the grandees arriving at the homestead each day and settling down in the living room with their devices, occasionally asking me questions, they are not here, they are in school.

                 At the lunch hour, I, Chef Ford, no longer inquire of the grandees as to what I can fix them for lunch, I just look through the fridge for left overs for my meager lunch.

                After lunch I no longer have to instruct the grandees to be quite while I take a well-deserved nap, there is no one to disrupt my nap.

                Everything has changed and I have not learned my new schedule as of yet. Seniors, at least this senior, do not like to have our schedules disrupted!

 

                An odd occurrence here in the Ford’s old office. As I sat here pounding away at this keyboard, I heard a light knock on the door. There was three taps, and they were quite. I was surprised that anyone would knock on this door. Was the quite knock a child or small person or was it someone who wanted to enter the house to steal or do harm. I prepared myself to hit whoever it was. Right fist clinched and at the ready I opened the door with my left hand. No one was there! I looked down and there was Molly, our cat. How was she able to make the nocking sound on the door? Truthfully, I do not know. The lead and choker chain that she use to rattle when she wanted in, are no longer on the door. It was a distinct but light knock.

 

May your schedule not be changed!

 

Don Ford

No comments: