Translate

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tilling in the Winter 02.03.16

            Due to popular demand, and by that I mean many of the readers have asked for this posting. Ok, I feel that I should tell the truth, would you believe there was only one request for this particular posting. 
Would you believe no one asked? I was so disappointed that no one cared about my tilling, I cried for a couple hours with no comfort from anyone. It is so lonely here at the top, I cry myself to sleep more than one night per week.
So here is the information that no one requested.
I took the weed eater and cleared the grass from an area to be tilled. I found it much easier to remove the grass with a weed eater prior to tilling when compared to tilling the grass and later trying to rake the grass and weeds from the tilled soil.
I then tilled that area. My garden has expanded which will hopefully give us a little extra area for the tomato plants.
            When you are on a fixed income as I am, you have to do all you can to save money, such as make your own clothes, find the occasional road kill (no more skunks), and grow your own vegies.
Now we have to wait for the weather to get better, you know, no chance of freezing. Wait a minute, it has been mid 70s an up to 82 during the last few days. It is February, isn’t it supposed to be cold and nasty weather? Anyway, I have a head start on the garden work, so when the weather turns nice, I will be ready.

You didn’t ask for it, but you got it!

Don Ford  

No comments: