Translate

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Photostat 02.27.16

            Everyone knows how busy senior citizens are, heck we almost never have any free time for relaxing and goofing off. That factoid (an invented fact believed to be true because it appears in print) being stated, I happened to be working my way through the house passed the TV when I heard the word, “Photostat”, used on the TV show Perry Mason.
            What? You want to know why the old time program, “Perry Mason” was on the TV.            Darn it, I have asked you to hold your questions until I am finished, then I will accept questions.           *#^*#@%!           
OK, I will answer this one question. The reason Perry Mason was on the TV is because senior citizens on a fixed income like me, can’t afford a new TV. The old TV only gets old TV shows.  Are you happy now, after embarrassing a senior on a fixed income!
Back to my thought, what was that thought? Ok, I read the title and I now have the thought in my senior brain. I, being an aged veteran of many years working around office areas, remember the term Photostat, which was just a copy of something.
I find it interesting how words like Photostat, which meant something at one time, mean nothing now. I also find it interesting that words that use to mean one thing, like Mouse, now have additional meanings. I have more than one computer mouse, is the plural, “mice”?
If I say, “I have mice in my office” would there be a misunderstanding of what I mean?
            
May your mice all be, of the computer variety!

Don Ford        

No comments: