Translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

What do you mean 02.01.16

            It is the first day of February and you are asking what I did this week end? I guess I could say I stayed inside out of the cold weather but that would not be the truth.
            It was mid 70s Saturday, and according to the tempt gage in the Ford’s Chevy, it was 82 Sunday. So what did I do, well let’s see. I can’t believe you are that nosy, to ask what I did!
Friday; I trimmed all the bushes behind the Ford Homestead, completing that task, and no I was not told to get out there and trim those bushes. After that, I decided to till the garden. Garden tilled, I then took a nap.
Saturday; after lunch with my first wife at a local deli in the city of Waco, I returned home and took a nap. Waking from the nap, I went to the shed and got the tiller out and preformed necessary maintenance. The tiller is 20 to 25 years old so it needs to be treated to fresh oil and other lubrication at least annually. After the lubrication I started the tiller and ran it a few minutes. I then proceeded to the rocking chair near the garage door and a cold drink.
Sunday; after brunch with my present wife, I returned home and called my number two son. That kind of sounds like Charlie Chaplin on old time TV.  I changed clothes and hooked the trailer to the Ford’s Chevy and went to Dave’s house. We discussed our plans for the day and then headed for Lowes. I was almost at Home Depot, which is where I usually go, when Dave said we need to go to Lowes. After changing course, we arrived at Lowes. Dave purchased 3 sheets of ply wood, which will be used in the construction of a new shed behind his house.
Still Sunday; back at Dave’s, plywood unloaded, we went to the back yard to start construction of the shed. The location was determined and some shrubs / small trees were removed. We staked off the area for the new shed. We used a string level attempting to determine what type of ground work would be needed. We read the instructions and then re-read the instructions. We determined that we would take a different approach that had first been considered. Even though the shed comes with a frame for the floor we have decided not to use it, we will build a frame from 2 X 4s.
That is how my weekend went, how did your weekend go? 

            Sorry for being so abrupt, I just get a little upset when questioned by that person.
I hope your week is special!
If not, then you should do something to make it special.
Don Ford

No comments: