Translate

Friday, February 12, 2016

Bikers ride again 02.12.16

            Two hard core bikers, Wayne and me, went for a ride this past Wednesday. I had washed my bike the day before in hopes it would slip through the air more easily.
            I left The Homestead at 10:30am heading for the secret rendezvous location. We must have a safe location for our meetings, being in Waco Texas, as rival bikers might want to infiltrate our rides. We had invited other “hard core bikers” to ride with us but one had a doctor’s appointment, and the other had to trim some tree limbs. 
            It was 52 degrees according to my bikes thermometer at the beginning of this ride. I was unaware of the fact that there was going to be some wind on our ride. I thought the prognosticators had indicated only light winds but either they were wrong or I misunderstood. There were a few times, that we were riding leaning to the side, due to the strong southern winds, but most of the ride was, “most excellent”.
            We arrived in Glen Rose about 12:30 pm and rode directly to Hammons BBQ. Their parking lot was almost full of cars and pickup trucks. The lot had some pavement along with gravel. Gravel is bad enough when riding a bike, but the pavement with gravel on it is even worse. This lot had both and was not fun riding on the lot. We found an open parking spot next to the front door, it was as if they had saved it for us.
            We dismounted and proceeded into the building. It was soon obvious that there was one person in each vehicle as the restaurant was not close to being full.
            We found a table, in a non-obvious location, were we could see all the clientele and also observe the front door. Bikers like to see who is in the building and who is coming through the front door, just in case someone who wants to do harm were to be there, or enter.
            We ordered our food and engaged in lively conversation. I even took a little time to criticize two female customers who had a small child with them. These subjects were sitting at a table with their back to us.
The younger of the two females (I assumed mom and daughter) had numerous tattoos on her body, displayed for the publics review.
Personally I do not like tattoos, especially on an otherwise average looking female. As I was judging the younger of the two, (yes I know the bible states in Matthew 7, Judge not lest Ye be judged”) my eyes moved to the older female subject, who may have been either over weight, or she had jeans on that were two sizes too small. Regardless, a portion of her posterior was exposed between her shirt and her jeans.
In that exposed area of possibly 6 inches top to bottom and all the way across her posterior, there was a tattoo! No I could not determine what it was, but it was red in color.
Being the good person that I am, I stopped looking at, and talking about these two female subjects. Had I have continued observing the two, I might have thrown up my lunch.
After about an hour of a combination of eating and talking we were finished and ready to ride again, that is, after a potty break.  
The weather was exceptional, with a cloudless blue sky and a temp of 74 degrees the ride could not have been any better. There was almost no traffic on the country roads.
            We took a different route back to our home destinations, and if I had not made a mistake on highway numbers, we would have had a more scenic route home.
            Arriving at the home address, the odometer on my bike indicated 197.4 miles round trip from the homestead and back. A nice sweet ride in anyone’s book!

May all your lunches be tattoo less!

Today is Friday and I have decided to extend this journalistic endeavor with two photos and a couple notes.
            The first photo show a different use for my Gold Wing. Charlie and Molly both have taken their place ready for a ride.
 
Charlie took the top seat and it has a towel provided as a bed, poor molly was forced into the lower seat and she has no towel. Noticed the look of disgust on her face. Now that I think of it, female cats can give you, “The Look”!

            In the following photo we see the flowers my wife received for a valentine’s gift. I thought the yellow roses were prettier than red and that is why I got them! 

Have a safe and nice weekend!
Don Ford

No comments: