Translate

Monday, February 8, 2016

Third Generation 02.08.16


            This is a tale of a third generation wood butcher in the Ford Family. It is true that my father was always taking a wall out, putting in a door or remodeling something. I never wanted to be involved in any of Dad’s projects, but in later life I have done some of the same things dad would do.
            As anyone who has been reading my postings should know, David and I have been working on a shed project at their home. Well, yesterday we were installing the floor on the frame, and we had help from the third generation Ford, Alex. Photo below.
            Alex was showing his dad how to use a drill to make holes for the screws that would secure the plywood to the frame. You may notice that Alex was putting safety first, as he had a pair of safety glasses on, even though they were too large for him and he had to hold them in place.
            Shed project should take one more day to complete.  

            Different subject: I have not found my glasses, I will ask for a new prescription this week when I go to the eye doctor. Thanks to everyone who donated, what? We didn’t get any donations? I mean thanks to no-one for the donations for my new glasses. I would have thought that someone would have a little charity in their heart and help a senior on a fixed income who needs a new pair of glasses.

You would feel good, if you were charitable!

Don Ford

No comments: