Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Can't always tell.

               I was informed by my wife of 44 years, “not everyone understands when I am joking”. She most often tells me this when we are at restaurants and I am kidding with the wait staff or the managers when they occasionally stop by our table. 

               I like to BS with people and sometimes the younger people find it difficult to distinguish between my BS and when I am serious.

               I recently posted an article in which I stated that my neighbor was inconsiderate because he trimmed tree limbs and now the sun was shining on me in the mornings. I also stated, “The problem is our neighbor did not take into consideration that the sun would be shining directly in our eyes when we were sitting outside. I have spoken to them about our needs and as of now they have not offered any sanctuary from the harmful light of the sun. In addition, they are planning on making it even worse by trimming the second tree which will likely cause serious eye injuries to my spouse and I.”

               I assumed that everyone reading the article would understand that I was joking. My spouse of 44 years said not everyone who read it took it as a joke.

               I would like to apologize to anyone who thought I was serious. My neighbor and I are best friends. If we had a concern with one another we would address it directly and not through a blog posting.

                I will attempt to be more thoughtful in the future when I am joking.

Have a fantastic day!

 

Don Ford

 

No comments: