Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Multitasking continued

               Today is Thursday, August 01, 2013 and I have been working outside attempting to begin the erection of the tree house/fort.  Dave had planned to come over today and we were going to work on the structure together. Dave and both kids had colds so they stay home today, possibly coming to help tomorrow.

               I had taken the wood and tools to the back yard yesterday afternoon so I decided to do what I could, working alone. I will attach a photo of the progress later in the article.

               You should know the temperature was predicted to hit 103 today so I knew I would not be outside working in the afternoon. I was able to assemble the front side but the problem I had was no one to keep it standing while I worked. Since I was in between to trees I decided to get a rope and tie it to one tree, then wrap the rope around the top board and tie the other end to the other tree. This would hold the one side in place so I could add to the structure.

               The rope actually worked and I was able to work around the first side without it falling on me. I will not go into the things I have discovered that were incorrect but I will say it was less embarrassing to be working alone.

               The structure will stand alone now but it is not nearly complete or strong enough to climb on.

               I stopped working about 1:15 because it was getting too hot and there was no shade in the work area. The frame is two thirds complete and there is flooring that will be installed.

               When I stopped working I came inside and took a nice shower followed by lunch and a nap. I am now going to get my hair cut.

 

Have a cool day.

Don Ford

 

 

 

                 Don Ford  

 

                    www.first-consider-this.blogspot.com  

                        

                                                                                                                  

                  

 

No comments: