Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

How did he do that?

               Hello from the Ford Homestead of Hewitt.  We are doing ok even though it is too hot to do much of anything. This morning I went to the tree house/fort to add a step allowing the kids to more easily climb into and on the structure. I have also purchased a couple earth anchors to insure the structure stay upright and in place.
               I should note that David climbed onto the structure and hang off the side (250 lbs.) to see if it would tip over and it did not move. Being safety minded I still wanted to tie the structure down.
               Alex was helping me install the step this morning when I cut my little finger on the left hand. Alex had some band aids and he administered first aid by putting a band aid on my cut. Doctor Alex is a big help. We returned to the process of installing a step when Alex said, “papa don’t hurt yourself again”. Within 5 seconds of him telling me to be careful I had cut my thumb on the other hand. This cut was worse than the first cut. Alex went for his band aids and we went into the house to clean the cut and get some antibiotics on the cut.
               Doctor Alex placed his band aid on the cut and then my wife of 44 years put an additional band aid on to help hold the first in place. We went back to installing the step with no additional injuries.
 
The above two photos show before and after the step was installed. Alex and I used three shelf brackets to hold the step in place. It was tested by Gabi and the step works as expected.
Tejas, my constant companion and confidant is seen here in his usual pose sleeping while I work. I noticed the rock against his mouth but it did not seem to bother him.
Alex took a couple photos so I picked the best one to put in this posting. As you can plainly see I am just about ready to do some hard work. 
 
Now to my original thought, “how did he do that”?
Early this morning Tejas and I heard a squirrel making a noise in the back yard’, I went to the door to let Tejas out, and in doing so I looked at the structure and noticed something on the top of the umbrella. My first thought was a squirrel was laying on top the umbrella. Then I noticed it was a light color and it was a cat. Yes, a cat had somehow climbed on the umbrella and was taking it easy.
In this photo you can just see the top portion of the cat on the umbrella. This is the neighbor’s cat. How and why did this cat ascend to such heights for a nap?
Here is a closer shot of said cat. 
 
               That is all rom the Ford Homestead of Hewitt, Texas.
Have a nice weekend.
Don Ford
 

No comments: