Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer continues 08/22/13

               It is still hot and dry at The Ford Homestead. I asked the neighbor lady to do the rain dance this time and she replied, “you made it rain last time you should do it again”. Have you noticed when you do something nice for others (such as the rain dance) they always expect more. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so nice.

               We topped of the grandkids tree house/fort with a tarp serving as a roof. It isn’t real pretty but it may keep most of the bird poop off the floor.

 

               Gabi doesn’t look too enthusiastic in this photo; she may be saving her energy for the opening day of school next week. The summer school break seemed to have passed very quickly. 

               I have noticed that the days are getting shorter and the sun is more to the south reducing my shade when I sit in my rocker in the afternoon.

               Above is a photo of the desk project which now has a chair. The chair appears to be the same color as the desk until you take a photo with a flash, then you can see it is somewhat lighter. Since we are not continually taking photos, the color difference of the chair does not matter. My present wife purchased the chair, it had no seat. In other words the chair when purchased could have been used like a toilet seat.

               I made the wooden seat and attached it to the chair the my spouse added the padding and covered the chair.

I need to look through the draws of the desk; I do not believe I have removed all my tools and other items from the project.

               My poor yard needs rain and I need to mow. I would rather mow after a nice rain but if I wait for the rain the neighbors will likely begin to talk. I picked up toys from the back yard yesterday and need to do it again today. I don’t have any idea how those toys get spread throughout the back yard.

 

I hope you have a cool and rainy day.

Don Ford

 

No comments: