Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Forced Labor again 10.03.17

                Yesterday, I again took the place of the Grounds Manager, who was again missing from the Ford Homestead, so I worked in the yard, most of the day. Yes, I started early morning just shortly after the sun came up, which was about 9:30. I forced this senior body to get the old Ford’s riding mower out and mow the back yard. It is strenuous for this retired person to sit on that seat and turn the steering wheel. If we were wealthy we could have a mower that has power steering.
                Luckily, due to the lack of rain over the last month, there were few weeds along the fence and elsewhere. That meant I only needed to be on my feet carrying that huge string trimmer about 45 minutes.
                I was allowed to have a lunch break, with a short nap, (thank goodness) before being forced back outside in the extreme heat, (about 90) to work on the front yard. The front yard, even though smaller, is very demanding on a senior citizen. The front yard is mowed with the walk behind mower which means, I have to walk over every inch of the yard, not once but twice. Yes, I mow the front yard twice, once in one direction then again, in a different direction.
                At 2:00 I stopped and tried to get my body ready to go get, “The Alex”, from school. Alex retrieved and brought to Homestead, I decided to get back to work knowing I wanted to be done before dark.
                It was about 5:00pm, almost dark, when I completed the forced labors. I put all the tools away and headed for the shower. Luckily, I did not have to take the shower in the back yard again, as my present spouse was not at home to keep my dirty body out of the house.
                After showering, I was able to stagger out to the Ford’s old rocker and sit my tired body down with a diet coke!
                There was an interesting cloud formation, so I took a photo to share with you. These clouds reminded me of ribs, many ribs! Do cloud ribs taste as good as the ribs one gets off the BBQ grill?

Work hard, rest easy!

Don Ford

No comments: