Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Shadow knows 10.12.17

                It was a nice Wednesday afternoon, I was in the Ford’s Chevy heading south on Oklahoma Ave, as I approached a stop sign. It was a warm sunny afternoon, 78 degrees with a light breeze. I had the windows down in the Chevy, as I enjoyed the nice weather.

                As I pulled up to a stop sign, I looked left and then right checking for traffic, and then it happened! I observed The Shadow! This huge shadow, passed over my vehicle, and then crossed the road disappearing over a fence. What was this a shadow of? I looked up but being in the Ford’s Chevy I could not see anything in the sky.

                I again looked left and right, seeing no traffic, I proceeded cautiously through the intersection. I drove one block arriving at Hewitt drive. Again, checking for traffic and seeing none, I pulled onto the road and headed south. I again checked the sky for the flying bird whose shadow I had previously seen. There it was, a large bird that was circling slowly over the road. This bird appeared to be larger than a buzzard, but it circled like a buzzard.

                As I drove I could see the white feathers on the underside of this eagle. This eagle was flying slow as it circled looking for something to have as a meal. Unfortunately, I could not pull over and take photos, or enjoy watching this eagle fly as I needed to get to the school and secure my spot in line to pick up The Alex.

                For that one senior person who reads this excellent posting, you know the title to this well written article, was also the title to and old time radio show, “The Shadow Knows”. Yes I still listen to these old radio shows on the satellite radio.

                On a different subject, Tres has been riding in the Ford’s Chevy, with Gabi and me to school the last few mornings. Now when we go outside to get ready to go, Tres heads for the Chevy and gets in. He actually likes riding.

                Even though he is big enough to jump into the back seat, he doesn’t. He walks up and climbs in. when we return home he acts like he is afraid to jump out, but after some coaxing he does jump out. When we walk into the Ford’s old office area, Tres sits and looks at the container where the treats are kept. I have been giving him a couple treats when we get home, and he now expects it.

 

Does your shadow know?

 

Don Ford

No comments: