Translate

Thursday, October 26, 2017

The fall of who 10.26.17

 

                As with some of my stories, this story is true, or most of it is true. I had been forced into labor here in the Fords old garage. I was working on the angel, trying to attach those lights. I know, it sounds easy. But it isn’t easy. I had been at this forced labor for about 3 hours. Something caught my attention at the house that is on the corner. It was the lady who lives there carrying a short step ladder around to the front porch. I can’t see their front porch so I was unable to see what she was doing.

                I continued my mine numbing labors. A few minutes passed when I heard a sound that I knew was not a good thing. The sound was that of a wooden step ladder hitting the ground. I looked up and there on the ground was the neighbor lady with the step ladder lying beside her. The lady began to get up as I started walking her way. As I walked I called out to her asking if she was ok. She was now up on her feet. She said, I fell face down, and I have dirt in my mouth.

                She seemed to be ok so I asked what she was trying to do. She was trying to hang a wind chime on a limb. I asked which limb and she pointed it out. I could reach the limb without the ladder. I installed the chime and suggested that she call me if she has any other ladder work.

                Chime hung, and she seemed ok, I returned to the homestead and decided to rest for a few minutes before going to get, “The Alex”, at school.

                What?    How old is this lady?         I don’t know, I guess she is mid 60’s.

 

Ask for help, it may keep you from being hurt!

 

Don Ford

            PS  this all happened yesterday, I did not post it until I saw her out and about walking. She seems to be doing just find now, so decided I could post.

No comments: