Translate

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Deputy Preacher 10.05.17

                I got that heading from an old radio show I was listening to this afternoon. The radio was originally aired in 1946, and that was before I was birthed. I like listening to the old shows and they usually have old time commercials too. This radio program was a western and the main guy said he was, “A deputy preacher”. I will not try to tell the entire story but a short blerp goes like this. A real preacher was trying to rescue someone and was killed so this fellow took up the rescue mission and referred to himself as a Deputy Preacher.
                That has nothing to do with this article, I just like the idea of being a Deputy Preacher!
                This story has to do with others not respecting an old senior retired person. I am sure this has never happened to you and you may not understand how hurtful it is to be totally disrespected in your own home. I must say, it was unexpected and I almost had tears in my eyes when the total disrespect occurred.
                Before you start trying to guess what had caused this disturbance, in the Ford’s Homestead, let me say, “It does not have anything to do with the grandees”. Since we are on the subject of Grandees, let me say, today was report card day and both of the grandees are passing in all subjects.
                Now I am sure some of you have guessed that this disrespect came from my first wife, and even though I can understand that guess, that is the wrong guess. This disrespect of an old retired person was flaunted in the front room of the homestead. I was in the old office at the computer when I heard the disturbance. At first I ignored it as there are minor disturbances that occur and some of the time they involve my spouse of 48 years. When she is involved I try to stay away from the room she is in.
                 I could not ignore this disturbance any longer, and even though my present wife was in the front room, I felt an obligation to go in and see what was happening. How did I know that what I would see would hurt me like driving a knife into my back? Yes it was as if someone had stabbed me in the back!
                Imagine if you will, I walked into the front room and there, in my chair, totally disregarding my feelings, and also my rule that no one was to use my chair except me, there they were, both of them in my chair, and they did not attempt to apologize, and they did not get up. See the photo below, and you will see how disrespectful these two can be! Click to enlarge!

                It’s not funny, why are you laughing? You would not think it was funny if it happened to you!
                I give up, I don’t even get respect from you! This is totally hurtful! Just wait until you are treated this way in your own home, and see how you feel!


May all disrespect be no worse that this!

Don Ford

No comments: