Translate

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

One of a kind 10.18.17

                Thank you! Yes the title could refer to me, as I am, “One of a kind”, but in today’s lesson I will be referring to something other than me. I am sure you will want to review this entire article, and you may even want to get involved in the bidding war that will ensue. I will provide photos which will enlighten and amaze.
                As you should know, we here at the Ford Homestead have a dog. Note I did not say puppy as he is 6 months old and 55 pounds of crazy enthusiasm. I should provide a recent photo, but I haven’t taken any of this pot hound. This dog is a pain in the back side, but there are times when he is a lot of fun. Creative is another way to describe this hound, although he is very messy when he is creating.
                The other day I had ventured into the back yard, my goal was to pick up any sticks that had been blown out of the tree during the last couple windy days. As I began this process my companion, “Tres”, was trying to take them away from me. He seems to think that anything in the yard is his, and he for sure chews on everything in the back yard. There was a couple pieces of wood from the pile out by the shed that he had chewed all the bark off. I had to pick up the bark that he had chewed off.
                Anyway, to make a short story longer, I have a couple one of a kind items that were started by Tres (chewing the bark off) and finished by me. These will be auctioned starting the day of this posting.
Wayne, you don’t need to bid!


From top to bottom we see, a two pen paper weight, then a single pen paper weight and finally a magic wand. All three items were created by Tres and then I applied the coat of sealer. Yes the magic wand does work. Please do not embarrass yourself with a low bid. Click to enlarge.
                On a slightly different subject, I was outside the Ford Homestead when I observed a vehicle stop at the corner. At first I assumed this person was looking for garage sales. When the vehicle sat there for more than two minutes (I could not see the driver) I began to become suspicious. The vehicle then drove slowly down the street. I decided to get a photo of this vehicle just in case there were any problems with theft. I walked out to the curb waiting for the vehicle to return but it didn’t. A neighbor came driving up the street and stopped for some interesting conversation.  During the conversation, I unknowingly took a photo in which the suspicious vehicle was seen.

                Even accidently, I do good work! 

Minimum bid of $200.00, start bidding now!

Don Ford

No comments: