Translate

Monday, October 16, 2017

Dove 10.16.17

            I can already see, that one person, who actually read the title of this wonderfully informative article, is thinking about soap. You should not try to think, as it requires mental abilities, and by attempting to use a mental ability, you might strain your brain, assuming there is something there to strain. Oh my, I may have just upset that one person. Wait, I just remembered, that one person can’t read and only looks at the photos, so I did not offend anyone!

            My article, titled Dove, is about me during a rest period, after working my old senior retired body to a point of exhaustion. This all occurred on a Sunday afternoon. A little history before we get into the meat of this story, I had a short nap after lunch and being rested, I decided to work a little. I quickly moved to the Ford’s garage, where I moved the van out and set up my new miter saw stand. It is a folding stand with wheels. I then place my old miter saw on the stand, it looks very nice.

            After admiring the unit for a while, I then turned my attention to the angel standing in the back corner of the garage. I had previously removed 200 lights from the angel and still had another 500 to go. Removing lights sounds easy, but one should know each of these lights has a wire tie holding either the light or wire in place. First I removed these wire ties using a pair of pliers. Then I had to remove each light, and you should know each light is clamped in, so I had to get the light out of the clamp, but leaving the clamp in place. This took about 2 hours.

            Completing that project, I took the dry dog food from the bag (30 pound bag, heavy for a senior) and placed the food in the plastic tote. This took about 3 minutes.

            It was about then, that a female subject approached the garage pushing a bicycle. She presented the bike to the Ford Homestead, allowing that Gabi might like to have the bike. I then filled the tires with air and checked the bike for anything that needed to be tightened, finding only the kick stand that was loose. I then took a test ride down the block and back just to see if it was safe for the Gabi, it was. This took about 13.5 minutes.

            I then went to the Ford’s old shed and removed several 8 foot bundles of cedar lining, bringing them to the garage, where I use the old miter saw, on the new miter saw stand to cut the cedar in half, allowing for better storage. This took 17 minutes.

            I then put all the tools back in their place including moving the miter saw and stand to the shed. I then swept the garage floor removing saw dust and the plastic wire ties that I had dropped during the removal process. This took 12 minutes.

            Finally I returned the van into its position in the garage.

            It was time that I could take a break from this continuous work load, 5:30pm, Happy Time for me.

            Happy time and or Happy hour, has many different meanings for different people. To me it means sitting in the Ford’s old rocker near the garage door and resting after a stressful day. History lesson over, let’s get to the story of the day.

           

            I was sitting on the rocker, relaxing this senior body, listening to 60s music. It was somewhat windy, as the cold front had come through and dropped the temperatures into the low 70s. Other than the wind, it was a quiet afternoon as I sipped my diet coke and munched on a handful of peanuts. Suddenly and without any notice, the dove population from the neighbor’s trees took flight. A conservative estimate would be 50 to 75 doves taking flight at the same time. Do you know how noisy that many doves can be?

            I, being the consonant observer, knew there must be a hawk in the area. Again, I was surprised, as the hawk was actually an eagle, a huge eagle, flying at tree top level. I can’t be sure, but this may have been the same large eagle I saw the other afternoon as I was going to get Alex from school.

            I would love to have a camera ready when this majestic bird flew over.

            After that excitement, I went back to the diet coke and peanuts while listening to the oldies (60s music) on XM radio.

 

What a nice end, to a work filled day!

 

Don Ford

No comments: