Translate

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Fall fell, winter is here 10.19.17

                Winter must be here today, it is 55 freezing degrees. It is so cold our 6 month old puppy, even though he has a fur coat on, don’t want to go outside. I am not sure but it might snow today. The ladies that I observed walking this morning were all wearing sweatshirts and long pants. Berrrrrr!
                We need rain in a bad way, but if we were to receive precipitation today, it would likely be in the form of sleet or freezing rain. 55 degrees is too cold, for a naturalized Texan.  
                Speaking of dogs. What? I wasn’t speaking of dogs. Are you sure? It seems to me as if I was speaking of dogs. You know as we get older our short term memory does have a tendency to fade out fairly quick.          
                Now let’s see, what was I writing about. Okay, I have my thoughts back, I was writing about mowing the yard. I will not need to mow this week, as we have not had enough rain. I did want to water the yard today, but with this tremendous amount of wind, that we are experiencing, if I tried to water, the wind would blow the water onto the neighbor’s yard.
                What? I didn’t tell you about the wind. The wind is exaggerating this extremely cold weather as it gusts at 30 mph. Anyone outside in this cold windy weather will be frozen in just a few minutes.
                I have been allowing the Tres to ride with Gabi and me to school. Before you ask, I don’t go to school, Gabi goes to school I just take her there.
                The problem is that Tres still thinks he is a little puppy! Yes he is still a puppy, a 6 month old puppy at about 55 pounds, but he wants to be treated as a little puppy. I open the door of the back seat to the Fords Chevy, and the Tres jumps his front feet up on the seat but he doesn’t attempt to totally jump in. He wants me to pick up his hind end and help him get in.
                Today I attempted several times to get him to run and jump in, but he did not. I, (being the Smarty I am) put a foot stool at the door and he used the stool to get into the back seat. Hopefully as time passes, he will learn to get in without the stool. He likes to ride, but has not developed the habit of putting his nose out the window.

Did you pick up on the fade out?

Don Ford

No comments: