Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rain, rain 03.10.16

            Rain, rain go away, come again some other day, the Donald wants to play!
            Wouldn’t you know it, I put a sprinkler system in at the garden and then it rains every day since the final installation. In the last two days we have accumulated 4 inches of rain and, it is still raining. I can’t be sure but when I look out the back window, it appears that the tomato plants all have life jackets on.
            This week is spring break, the kids are here at The Ford Homestead and can’t go outside. It has also turned off rather cool with temperatures down in the upper 50s. I put shorts and a T shirt on this morning, assuming that it would be as warm today, as it has been the last few days. My spouse of almost 47 years will not allow me to change into warmer pants and a long sleeved shirt, saying she did not want to wash additional clothing do to my poor choices.
            The grandees are watching cartoons in the front room, and I can’t find anything that I want to watch on my TV, so I am watching the weather channel.
            Spring break would be more fun, if the weather would be warm and dry.
            I took the wife’s van in yesterday for a recall, I was there almost 5 minutes and they said it was fixed and I should get lost. Best service I have ever had!
            I am taking the Ford’s Chevy in today for its first warrantee work. Can you believe I have had the vehicle only 5 months and one of the license plate lights is burnt out, or at least it don’t work? I guess all vehicles have problems.
            The dealership where I purchased the Colorado has changed its name. The name change kind of seemed odd to me, I think it is Auto Nation or something to that effect.
            I called the dealership and a female voice answered. I asked for service and was transferred to another female voice who, again asked, how may I direct your call. I again said, service please. I was transferred to their on hold message which I found annoying.
After about 2 minutes my call was put in to someone’s voice mail box, and it was a female voice which did not state whether she was in service or not. I hung up.
I called again and this time I asked, when did you all get a new name? It was effective Feb 1st was the reply. She asked how could she help me and I said this is my second call for service, her comment was hold please. Again, a second female voice answered, how may I direct your call? I again stated this is my second try for service, the reply was hold please and this time I was transferred to a live person.
I now have an appointment for Thursday morning 8:00am (I am writing this on Wednesday afternoon as I am bored with the rain and cool weather and have nothing productive to do). It would be nice if during my visit to the dealership, I could be lucky enough to speak to someone who cares about the customers that call in. I am always willing to help the low information business people, improve their operation.
Ok, I will tell you just a couple things that would help. Going through multiple operators would come to a complete halt, immediately! I am fairly sure that the first operator is located at their national headquarters, in an effort to keep track of the number of calls received for each of their dealerships and to which department these calls were for.
Next, I would make sure each voice mail box would not only have a name of the individual, but also a short message such as, “You have reached name-name, in the service department please leave your name and number and I will return your call, Thank You”.
What? Yes there is another problem that I want fixed.  I think I have a tire out of balance because when I was driving at 65 to 70 the other day there was a slight shimmy in the front end.
I also wanted to ask about the exhaust system. When I let the vehicle warm up on the drive way on cold morning there is water that drips out of the muffler. I was told by a friend it is probably supposed to do that but have it checked anyway. 
Different subject:
            I ordered some lawn fertilizer from the DIB. Yes you are correct, I should have put it down before this rain. One can’t be perfect all the time.
Different subject:
            Words that are contractions, two words made in to one, (if you happen to have forgotten) are not equal.               Are not / aren’t,    was not / wasn’t, these seem to be treated as equals. Let’s examine the word, “Cannot”, when contracted. Logic would dictate it be spelled “cann’t” but it isn’t. Why did they decide to leave the second “n” out of this contraction?  They should come to me before they decide these things. 

Be happy and healthy, you cann’t get much better than that!     

Don Ford

No comments: