Translate

Friday, March 4, 2016

Finished 03.04.16

            Finished, I don’t think so! Have you thought about the word finished, it basically means, “The End”?             Nope, I am not finished, but I have made a lot of progress. How could a senior person, on a fixed income make these astonishing advancements, you ask. Well I will tell you, I have knowledgeable advisers.
            “The Donald”, has advisers around him providing needed information, which helped him become rich.             “This Donald(me) also have advisors, and using the information from my advisors, I am able to accomplish astonishing things.
            As an example, I had recently explained that I planted 5 tomato plants. One of my advisors, “Mr. Bob”, suggested that I install a short PVC pipe next to each of the plants, which would allow me to get water and fertilizer down to the root of the plant.   Good advice!
            In the past I had cut plastic pipe with a hack saw. This time I decided to use a saw that has been in the shed and unused for some time. The saw easily cut through the pipe and is now my go to tool, when cutting PVC.   “It is a back saw, you know, it cuts on the back stroke”.
Another example, I had decided to install a sprinkler system in my mammoth garden, which would save me time and energy in my daily forced labor (watering plants). I went to another of my many advisors, “Mr. Glen”, to learn how to build an efficient sprinkler system. Using his advice, I was able to draw plans and make a bill of materials for this massive project.

In the above photo we see pipe laid out in a pattern that mimics the proposed placement of the sprinkler system.
Assembly of the massive system will take place in the garage area at The Ford Homestead. The system is being manufactured in two sections, allowing for movement from the garage to the test area.
Testing and final adjustments will be performed in the test area, in the photo below we see the system being tested.
            The massive system, manufactured on site, disassembled and moved to the test site, reassembled and tested, disassembled again and move to the garden where final assembly occurred, system is now installed.

Note; I was able to purchase all the needed parts for less than $15.00. When I began the assembly I found that my PVC glue had gone bad. I was required to go to that hardware store that will remain nameless, to purchase glue. The glue cost $6.00 which put me way over budget.
If you send donations, my spouse of 46 years will not need to work OT, gathering aluminum cans from the road sides.

Accepting advice, from highly informed advisors,                will make all things possible!

Don Ford

No comments: