Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Texas Sky 03.15.16

            It was about 2:30pm as I was traveling south on Hewitt dr. heading for school. Yes, I know, I need a lot of school, but this was not school for me, it was to pick up the grandson after school.
I should explain for those who do not live in central Texas, it was 89 degrees yesterday afternoon. 89 was a little warm even for Texas in March. 
            I had agreed to trim the rose bushes yesterday, so I started kind of early, hoping to get some of the trimmings in the trash container before they picked it up. I received instructions as to how much to remove from individual plants.
            1.5 hours later, and only a couple thorn sticks in my arms, I had completed the process. I am happy to announce that I was able to get all the trimmings (5 wagons full) in the trash container. After lunch I decided to mow the front yard. I did not want to bag the grass trimmings so I removed the grass catcher.
After I completed the mowing, I looked at the yard and was not happy with what I saw. I decided to put the grass catcher on the mower and re-mow the front yard (vacuum the ugly leaves that were still there). That did make it look nicer.
I didn’t have the time to mow the back yard as I needed to pick the grandson up from school.
I showered and rested for about 15 minutes before heading out.
Now you know what lead up to the view of the big sky.  As I stated earlier, I was driving south on Hewitt drive when it became obvious to me that I had an exceptional view of something that many people never look at, “The Texas sky”.
Along this road there are no buildings, no large trees, nothing to block my view. In other words I was in the open and it seemed as if I could see forever. I thought to myself, this blue cloudless sky, seemed extra-large. I am sure the summer like temperatures were adding to my positive outlook. 
Later in the afternoon I got the riding mower out and mowed most of the back yard, part of the back yard is still too wet to mow.
What a nice day Monday was, and today is supposed to be a carbon copy of yesterday. 
I just used the term “carbon copy”, does anyone still use carbon paper. If carbon paper is no longer used, how long will it take for the term, “carbon copy” to go away?

            Later in the day my present spouse checked the roses for proper trimming. Even though I did an excellent job of trimming, there was not a single word of appreciation. My first wife noted that I had missed two small rose bushes in a flower bed that is away from the others.
            Wounded from the rose thorns, and from the lack of appreciation, I struggled to get my poor, elderly, overworked body into the rocking chair, near the garage door.
      
Diet coke in hand I attempted to enjoy some peanuts as the occasional tear fell from my eye.


I hope your sky is blue with fluffy white clouds.

Don Ford

No comments: