Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March wind 03.23.16

            The old saying, “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb”, is not true this year. The wind was 20 to 30 mph yesterday, gusting to 40, and it is doing the same thing again today. This year I think March came in like a Tiger and is going out like a Lion (bad to worse for the uninformed person).
                I, not wanting to be the only home in the neighborhood with an un-mowed yard, mowed yesterday. I think it stinks when home owners all around me, get out and mow. I think they had a meeting and did not invite me. Even the yard next to me was mowed, unbelievable!
            Did I need to mow? Well, yes I did need to mow but the other homeowners should have followed my example, rather than take the lead.
            The yard does look very nice, if I do say so myself, but I had to take several Grass Showers to accomplish this task. Yes, I will explain, “Grass Shower”. This occurs when the riding mower is discharging grass at an enormous rate, while at the same time the wind is blowing the grass back at the mower and rider, me, at 30 mph, “Grass Shower”.
            You may think that is all the work I have performed this week but you would be wrong. On Monday I clean my office area. Before that one person asks, yes it needed it. There was dust on everything and there is a lot of everything in the office.
            I had to remove almost everything from the office to the garage. I used a damp cloth to wipe everything down, getting the dust out of the office, then I cleaned each of the items and replaced them into the office. This was about a 3 hour job.
I have a stack of things from the office, that I need to go through, and hopefully I can throw some of it away.
            If you are thinking, “The Don works all the time”, you are right!
            After mowing was complete, my spouse of 47 years (effective April 5th) suggested that I could have supper if I were to water all the flowers, in both the front and back yard.
            It was 60 here this morning (Wed) at 5:00am and is supposed to get up to 82 this afternoon. Tomorrow, which is the day for the senior discount at the Bunkhouse, the predicted high is supposed to be 60. That is kind of cool for a motorcycle ride.
            The birds have thought spring was here for well over a month now. As I sat in my “senior’s rocking chair” contemplating many things, including whether I should take another nap, I observed this robin fly into my pecan tree, several times. Finally I understood, he either wanted me to take his photo, or leave the area so he could get some nice bugs from the flower bed near where I am sitting.
            The background tree has all its leaves, the pecan has none. It seems to me that trees do their pollinating and sprouting leaves, one group at a time. This allows for a mess on the ground and vehicles over a longer period of time. 
            This Friday is Good Friday, I hope you have the day off, I do! This year on Easter, please let the kids hunt the eggs and you stand back. It was a little embarrassing last year when you got more eggs then the kids did.

Enjoy Family and Friends.

Don Ford

No comments: