Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Camo 03.09.16

            Camouflage isn’t only for the military or hunters, it works in the neighborhood setting too! I, being an innovator in many areas, have used camouflage here at The Ford Homestead. I use a camo tarp to cover the utility trailer and my riding mower, and these tarps seem to remove the object from view.
            No they don’t disappear, but they are much less noticeable to the passerby.
            I have brought this to your attention because I feel, I must do my part to educate the public in many areas not provided by your Liberal Government ran schools, and your liberal, so-called news media.
            As you should know, if you have read recent postings, I have manufactured a sprinkler system for the enormous garden here at The Ford Homestead. This system is made from a white colored PVC pipe and it is all one sees, when looking at the garden.
            I have experimented in camouflaging the system. There are three sprinklers that stand about 30inches high. I have applied Camo color to the upright parts of the system which has effectively provide a not visible effect. I have not yet applied camo to the pipe on the ground.
  
            I am thinking of using camo on all white things in the back yard. Do you think the shed would look good in Camo color?
Changing colors now, or you might say, new subject.
            I have found two penny’s over the last couple days and they were both heads up. Why is this important information, you ask? Since the beginning of our marriage, Donna and I have had good luck or something nice happening when we would find a heads up penny.
            The first of the two heads up pennies may have been there to help me with the opportunities during my mowing adventure.
            The second heads up penny may have been used yesterday. I have an air compressor and when I open the valve that allows air to the air hose, there is a leak, which will cause the compressor to kick on and off occasionally. I had purchased a new quick connect, assuming it was causing the leak. I was getting ready to remove the quick connect when I discovered the valve that connects to the quick connect was the problem.
            I decided to go to town and get a new valve at the world famous Harbor Freight Tool store. Arriving I walked directly to the location where the valve should be kept. The bin was empty. Yes they had other sizes but not the one I needed. I found a clerk and asked if he would check the computer. The computer indicated an inventory of 10 each. He went to the back to get me a valve.       They had none.
            This has happened to me several times in the past, where the computer indicated they had several of an item but they did not. This company would do well to hire an inventory control person.
            Heart broken, I drove home with the occasional tear in my eye.
            I decided to put the old parts back on the compressor which would help me not lose them. I carefully examined and cleaned each part of the valve (two plastic seats and one metal ball valve) and replaced them properly. As I did this I tighten the nut that kept the handle on.
            Everything reinstalled, I turned the compressor back on and tried the valve. It worked! Yeah, I am a great mechanic. The valve does not leak when fully on, or fully off, but it does leak when half way on, I still need a new valve but not immediately.
                          
Different topic:
            The grand kids or on spring break and staying with us this week. Have you ever thought about why there is a spring break? We here at, “The Ford Foundation for Investigative Review of things that just don’t seem to have a reason”, have studied the phenomenon.
            In an effort to save time, I will try to get to the point rather than provide you with all the research details. The reason for spring break is simple, it is for the teachers!
            It is less expensive to give the teachers a week off, than it is to pay for their visits to the psychologist.             Kids drive teachers crazy!      People that want to be teachers, may be crazy before they get the job!
The grand kids rode their scooters to the end of the street. I don’t have a scooter and I had to stay home.

Spring forward this weekend!
Daylight savings time change

Don Ford

No comments: