Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Richer than a foot up a Bull's butt 05.06.14

Richer than a foot up a Bull’s butt    05.06.14
 
                I use to work with a fellow, I know it is hard to believe I have ever worked, but I did.
This co-worker’s name was “Don” (not me) and one of his many colorful sayings was, something is, “richer than a foot up a bull’s butt”. Don used a different word for butt.
For many in my age group, it is understood that cow/bull manure is an excellent and rich fertilizer for just about any crop. If manure is a rich fertilizer, then a foot up a bull’s butt must be very rich.
That saying came to mind today as I was surveying the vast expanses of, “The Ford Homestead of Hewitt”. My eyes drifted to the garden spot near the back fence. It has developed nicely over the short period of time since it was planted.
I have before and after photos that I would like to share with you.
The first photo is of the garden spot just after the grandkids and I planted it.
The second photo taken approximately a week or so later, shows how the garden has grown.
This wonderful transformation is mostly due to the rich, fertile soil here at, “The Ford Homestead”. Rich, fertile soil, is what cause me to think about, “Don’s” saying.
 
It is my belief, at least one of you has a question as to how long it took for the garden to grow to this point.
I have been studying how politicians lie explain things, and I have adapted my story telling thusly.           
Also, in my defense, I did say, “approximately a week or so”.
 
Why do my readers feel the need to always have the facts when reading my blog, but you never insist on the truth or facts from your elected (so called) officials? 
It’s not fair!
 
I hope your day is filled with “richness”!
            (What “Irony”? Was there “irony” in the last line?)
 
 
Don Ford

No comments: