Translate

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Accidental Death, or, Suicide? 05.28.14

                The time line for the article, yesterday afternoon about 6:00pm.
            I had just completed installing a new V belt on the walk behind mower. This belt was needed as the mower was doing less work and I was doing more.
            My neighbor (who will not be identified) and I were sitting in chairs near my garage door. My neighbor was sipping on an adult beverage that comes in a can, I was enjoying a Bush’s Tea. Those of you who live in this area, understand that Bush’s Tea is almost a required beverage.
            My neighbor and I were discussing and contemplating recent world events, the rain that has occurred over the past few days, and all the weeds that have taken over many yards.
            The death that occurred at the house just south of “The Ford Homestead” seems to me to be, an accidental death, although there are those that believe it was suicide. 
            As my neighbor and I discussed the, let’s call it an incident, we were both wondering how it could have been an accident. To be honest, we couldn’t clearly establish how an accident like this could have occurred. My neighbor, who was a fire chief, was aware of an earlier incident, somewhat like this, but it was definitely not an accident. In the situation that he explained, it was murder, and the murderer was seen leaving the scene.
            We are sure this event was not murder, but we still do not know if it was suicide. Some of the things we considered, the recent holiday, the weather situation, everyone knows that the rain over the last 3 or 4 days could have had an adverse effect on one’s mental status.
            My neighbor was the first person on the scene. He checked to see if there was any signs of life, breathing or pulse, there was none. It appeared the victim’s neck had been broken.
            Needless to say both my neighbor and I were upset over this situation.
 
I have taken a couple photos that may help me stop thinking about recent events and possibly improve my attitude.
Near the center of the photo there are small baby pecans. They are hard to see but they are there. I thought a photo of baby pecans might bring a smile to your face.
 
No, the photo is not of a puppy or a kitten, why are you stuck with the old mine set that only puppies and kittens will make you happy. If you think about it, these baby pecans will grow up to be large Texas pecans and if the squirrels stay away, we can eat them. We don’t eat puppies or kittens; that should bring a smile to your face.
 
The following photo of a flower that has a yellow/orange center. The photo provides us with a look into the throat of the flower, which allows us to see the yellow/orange.
 
            OK, I will tell you how the death event unfolded.
            As I have previously stated, my neighbor and I were sitting in chairs on my drive way, near the door to my garage. When all of a sudden we heard a loud sound which sounded much like a baseball hitting the neighbor’s house.
            This sound immediately got our attention. When we investigated we found a white wing dove had flown into the side of the house, at what must have been full speed. Death was immediate.
            My neighbor told me of a similar event at his home, involving a bird that flew into their window. When they went outside to see what had occurred there was a Hawk covering the bird and he took the bird and flew away.
            We did not see a hawk in this incident.
            Was it an accident or Suicide?  You decide.
 
I hope your day is filled with happy thoughts.
 
Don Ford 

No comments: