Translate

Thursday, May 15, 2014

See my breath? 05.15.14

 

                Good morning; I was outside enjoying the crisp, should I say cold morning air while partaking in a cup of coffee. The outside temperature was 50, and I could see my breath. That seems a little unusual but after all, I am unusual. 

On these cool mornings, I have noticed that some of the birds will fly to a high tree branch or a power line that is in the morning sun. Positioning themselves high and in the sun will allow them to receive the warm rays.

My present wife and one of her friends are having a garage sale today. They wanted to have the sale last week but they wisely postponed the sale until this week, expecting rain. I hope she makes a lot of money; being on a fixed income we don’t want to lose the income from her normal duties of picking up aluminum cans from the side of the road.

                We received another 10th of an inch of rain last night and our yard is now officially wet. There is some standing water and mud. The little garden seems to have endured the rains by growing several inches.

 

                I thought I would add color to this short posting. It seems as if the abundant rain showers have influenced the flowers to produce some very pretty colors. My first wife noticed inside each of the blooms, there was a single extension of the bloom. This is probably there to draw in the honey bees encouraging pollination.

 

        Remember when you use to swing? I remember we would swing as high as we could, when we would get to the top on either side of the swing path, we would push the chains out as wide as possible. Alex does the same thing on this small back yard swing. It must be a natural reaction and not learned. 

 In this photo we can see Alex’s head above the tomato plants. Alex is 6 foot tall and we can just verily see him so you can guess how tall the plants are.

The Yucca plant behind the shed is full of orange blooms. Also attached to the fence is a ham radio radial from a beam antenna.

 

Have a very nice day.

 

Don Ford

 

No comments: