Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

Good luck or not? 05.26.14

 
                I have started to wonder what is happening. I have now found two old pennies, one on the drive way and one in the flower bed next to where my rocking chair is.
                “Why would this seem odd to me”, you ask. I will attempt to explain.
The first penny was found a few weeks ago on the cement drive way. It appeared to have been there a long time, with many scrapes and lots of ware on it. I know it hadn’t been there very long because I am very observant (I would have seen it had it been there very long) and I also have swept the drive way many times.
The second penny (which will be in a photo later) was found in the flower bed. I was enjoying my favorite rocker when I saw something in the dirt. I first thought it was a flat stone but as I cleaned some of the crud off it, I could make out the tails side of the coin. I cannot see a face on the face side of the coin.
I want to know; is finding these two old coins some type of sign that I don’t understand, or is it just a coincidence? Is it still good luck to fine a penny heads up, when the head is not discernable.
Finding the penny in the flower bed is much more understandable than the one on the drive way.
The penny on the left is not one of the found pennies, it is there as a reference point for the old penny.
 
It is Memorial Day, my present wife is cooking an excellent meal. It was in the slow cooker overnight, and it smelled so good this morning when I got out of bed this morning.
                It rains a ¼ inch last night with threats of more rain today, tomorrow and for the next few days.
                I mowed the yard prior to the rain and I must say the yard looks pretty good.
                We have an excessive amount of snails at, “The Ford Homestead”, so I put out some snail bait. It works real well at killing the snails. The photo below shows one of the creatures attempting to break into “The Ford Homestead”.
My first wife purchased a used bike so Gabi could have a bike to ride when she is at, “The Ford Homestead”. After I examined the bike I found that the back wheel is warped a little. I had never tried to straighten a wheel by tightening or loosening spokes. I have found that I needed to tighten and loosen completely opposite to what would seem natural to me.
                I have made the situation somewhat better, if I had a spoke tool it would have been much easier.
 
Enjoy your day off work, remember the veterans.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: