Translate

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Artist or Artiest, you decide 05.31.14

 
 
            Ok, I had to look up the difference between the two words, now I am a smarter person, if that is possible.
            I am not writing about myself this time, instead I am writing about Gabi.
            The other morning before school, Gabi was making a drawing of her bear, in chalk on the drive way.
 This is not the finished drawing but you get the idea. The next drawing is not remarkable in itself, but the fact that she drew it for her younger brother and then explained that spiders have 8 legs. The lesson for her younger brother impressed me.
The next drawing is of a girl but it started out as a boy. The time line is before school and Gabi wanted someone to lay on the driveway so she could draw an outline of them. Her only volunteer was younger brother Alex. She was able to get the outline drawn before we had to head out to school.
The outline was still on the driveway when she arrive at, “The Ford Homestead” after school. She decided to put some finishing touches on Alex’s outline. I heard her say, “I am giving him a Tutu”. Naturally I thought this was odd, putting a Tutu on a boy.
I walked away as she continued her embellishment of Alex. See photo below.
You may not be able to see all the detail in this photo so I will point out a few. The Tutu is pink, we can see the person’s belly (skin color) between the Tutu and the shirt. Arms are skin color and she has gloves on. This young lady has blond hair and blue eyes.
The young lady must have some kind of tights on under the Tutu, they can be seen below the skirt on the legs. The legs are skin color above the shoes and there are shoe strings in the shoes.
This was all done from her imagination. I was particularly impressed with the fact that she changed what was initially an outline of a boy, to a girl and she put shoe strings in the shoes.
                Yes I am a proud grandparent praising one of my grandkids.
 
I hope you driveway is as colorful as mine.
 
Don Ford

No comments: