Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jealous

               Tejas, the Ford Homestead guard dog and my constant companion could be categorized as being, “somewhat jealous”.
 
               When the grandkids arrived he Tejas needed reassurance that he was not being replaced by small humans.  He would situate himself between me and the small humans to reassure him that he is still my favorite. 
He and I have discussed this and he finally seems to understand that small humans can’t replace him.
The kitten seems to be a more difficult adversary for Tejas. We have tried to reassure him that no mean little cuddly kitten could come between Tejas and me.
One of the biggest problems is that he wants to be involved in everything and that usually means he gets in the way. It is very irritating when I want to walk through the house and Tejas just has to be in front of me. He is large enough that it is difficult to step over him when he is standing.
That brings up another thought; he likes to lie on the floor in places where people (me) usually want to walk. He don’t mind if you step over him or go around him. In other words he usually doesn’t want to move when he is comfortable.
Tejas is laying on the floor behind me now and the kitten is loose.  I can hear the bell on his collar but can’t see him. He is under the stand that the microwave is sitting on.
 
Subject change;
Gabi is enjoying Kindergarten and getting nice comments from her teacher. Alex and I take her to school each morning and Alex likes to watch the school bus’ arrive and leave. We wave at them but don’t get too close as they are still somewhat frightening to Alex and me. The nice driver offered to let Alex go on the bus but Alex respectfully refused.
Alex likes to sit on the benches just outside the front doors of the school and watch kids, cars and busses. I sometimes consider what the parents think when they see this old man sitting outside their kids school.   
Alex and I did stop for a donut and kolache on the way home one morning and now he requests a donut each morning on the way home.  I explained that we are on a fixed income and can’t afford donuts and kolaches very often. Donations to, “The Ford Homestead Foundation, Donuts and Other Snack Food Fund” will be accepted.
 
New subject;
The name the kitten contest is coming to a close.  I want to thank all those who offered suggestions. We will have the final decision next week.
 
From the snack food mind of                       Don Ford 
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 

No comments: