Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dog Catcher

               I was sitting here at the computer putting together one of my extras special articles and my constant companion and confidant was taking a nap in the garage.  Tejas often chooses to stay in the garage rather than sleep behind my chair here in the use to be office.
               My office chair has rollers and there has been occasion when I have forgotten to look back before moving.  Tejas can tell you that the roller on my chair will pull hair out of his back in chunks.
               I digress; Tejas was sleeping in the garage and I was pounding out an article when I hear one loud and low bark. I immediately know that something is wrong, that was not a normal bark.
               I quickly open the door and see Tejas standing looking toward the street. I called him into the office and turned on the security cameras. A quick check around the house and I saw “The Hewitt Dog Catcher”.  Yes there are more names for these people but dog catcher is what I will use.
               There were two of these people and they had the two dogs that live next door. This is not the first time that these two dogs have gotten out and been arrested by the local dog police. These two dogs have a long arrest record. I was told that the larger of the two was rescued from a shelter. I was also told that the last time the owner bailed them out they had to be interviewed before they could get them back.
               Even though the dog catcher did not have my dog, it caused me to be somewhat upset with the dog police.  I know they were just doing their job. It would seem to me that they could return the dog to its pin and charge the owner $30.00 or so.  They know where the dogs were supposed to be.  It would seem to me that there is a difference between an unknown dog and a neighborhood dog.
               Another point I would like to offer, there were two dog police in the dog catcher truck. Hewitt must have a real problem with strays; not.
 
Tejas is secure in the office with me. I probably need to keep him in the fence because the dog police might catch my police dog. 
 
From the upset at the dog police mind of        Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.              
 
 
 

No comments: