Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Storm or Wood Butcher

            In a photo below you will see tree limbs on my drive and yard.

It appears that the “Wood Butcher of Hewitt” has been at it again.
Yes I do acknowledge that I am the one and only “Wood Butcher of Hewitt”.  Today I decide to attack trees in my front yard. I really did not think this through before starting. It was cloudy this morning so I decided to start. If I would have taken time to think about the process I would have remembered that I can’t hall the limbs off for 4 weeks. (The city only accepts limbs one day a month.)
I am at a point that I will need some help with the larger limbs and I need to get on top the house and remove some limbs that are almost touching the roof.
         I did have some real good help.
I started cutting small limbs with a pole saw and Alex was picking them up and taking them to a pile near the driveway.  He did this for possibly 20 minutes. I am saying this 2.5 year old worked harder than many adults would have.  His papaw is proud of him!
         He later began to pick up acorns. We always have too many acorns and they are large. He had a basket full and he noted that the basket was heavy.  I am not sure where the acorns went; they may be in the back yard at or in the sand box.
He had his camouflaged shirt on and at times it was difficult to see him.
Look close, he is in the photo. If you can’t see him he is on the far side of the trailer.
         I don’t think Alex was tired after the work but I am. My afternoon nap helped but I am still tired.
 
From the worked too hard, paid too little mind of          Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: