Translate

Saturday, March 14, 2020

It happened to me 03/14/2020

            Well, if you are reading this you already know that I work continuously, and yes, “I am now working from home”! As with many Americans, I am now working at my home office. I just realized that I may have made an untrue statement, I am “Working at home, not from home”. If I was from home, wouldn’t that mean I was not at home

            You can see I am at my desk entering this brilliant article into the Ford’s ole computer.        I ordered a bag of fertilizer from the ole employer, and when I went to pick it up Friday I learned that the VP of Logistics had issued orders that no non-employees (aka outsiders) were to be allowed in the center. Wow, I am now an outsider. That is what happens when you become a senior person without employment (retired).

            I was able to get the bag of fertilizer and they took my check, I hope it don’t bounce. Returning to the homestead I fertilized the front yard and the entire back 40. Yep that is a lot of walking for a senior person. 

            Completing that work I was able to pull together a few scraps, you know left overs, for what was almost a real lunch, and then I headed outside. Tres and I drove the Ford’s ole Chevy into the back 40 and hooked onto the Ford’s ole trailer. We brought it up to the front gate where we parked it. It is loaded with tree and shrub parts to be hauled off next Saturday. It is supposed to rain next week and I did not want to drive through the yard when it was wet. 

            Concluding that task, we got the Fords ole string trimmer out and attacked the back ditch. I completed one swatch along the ditch when I decided to get a gator aid and close the garage door, photo to follow, click to believe.
                                               
            Sorry the photo is not clear, I must have been very tired from, “Working at home”! After the gator aid break, I did complete the job of cutting all the weeds in the ditch. 

            I have another photo and it is of a plant in the Ford’s ole small hot house. I will be needing to attempt to get these plants out of there as I believe cold weather is over. What? Ok since no one asked I will tell you, I got the hot house at the Freight Company.
                                                

            Now you see that working at home can often be much more difficult than working at the employer. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Here in Hewitt TX the schools have been on spring break all this week. Our school system has now canceled school for the next two weeks, they are supposed to go back on March 30th

            Prediction: at the end of the two weeks the situation with the virus will be worse! The     school will cancel school for another two weeks. The students who have school tablets will be expected to work from home. At the end of the second two weeks (April 13th) things will have leveled out somewhat, some schools will resume on the 13th, some will be out for an additional two weeks, our students will be back in school April 20th.

I haven’t even told you about the effect on parents and employers. You don’t want to know!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really don’t want to know!

Senior know-it-all and work at home person, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: