Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Confined but not still 03/24/2020

            Well, as the reading public should know, we have had plenty of rain at the Ford Homestead of late. Saturday we had an inch, Sunday we had an inch, for that one mathematically challenged person, that is a total of two (2) inches in two days.
            Why would I start this wonderful article talking about rain, well I will enlighten you. When we get large amounts of rain, our back 40 will have some standing water for a day or so. Yes, if we had rain gutters we could direct the rain from the top of the house away from the back 40. We are retired senior people on a fixed income, and that should explain why we can’t afford gutters. Do you want to donate?
            Tres for some reason don’t want to walk through the standing water, instead he goes through the flower bed under the shrubs. He had a path through that area, and the path is mud when it rains. He gets mud on his feet, and then he wants to come into the house.
            I decided I should make Tres a path through the mud. Yesterday morning in the mud and water, I was forced, I mean allow to work outside. One might ask, “Where did The Don get the knowledge to build such a magnificent path way”. Years ago when I was a member of the National Guard, our unit was combat engineers. Now you know where I learned to place blocks. I have a photo for your enjoyment, click to enhance.
                                                 
            For some reason, now that the blocks are in place, Tres will not use the path. I guess it looks different to him and now he will wade through the water.
            We may be confined and we may run out of food, but the blackberry patch has started to bloom even more. I guess we may need to survive on black berries, photo to follow. The blooms mean berries are coming. 
                                               
            My spouse bought some canned soup, but I haven’t been able to have any as she keeps cooking. Late evening she made homemade chili. Homemade is always better than canned, so I am not complaining. We are running low on toilet paper, and a couple other items so we may need to venture out today.
            I was alerted yesterday that the booze emporium which I have visited in the past, was going to close for a week. I did venture out yesterday and go through the drive through to get a bottle of tonic.
            Different idea:
            They tell us to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds, and it is suggested that you sing happy birthday twice in an effort to wash for 20 seconds.
            I have another suggestion. Instead of happy birthday, how about saying The Lord’s Prayer twice while washing. You will wash a little more than 20 seconds, so maybe your hands will be cleaner, and you may even feel better!

Stay active during your isolation period.

Senior social distance person and happy hour advocate, Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Rumor has it that some people are washing their hands longer and it has revealed the answers to their 7th grade history test...I am sure that no one who reads the Rev Ford's blog is in that company!

Be safe!