Translate

Friday, March 20, 2020

How is he 03/20/2020

            Tres had not eaten or drank water since Tuesday evening. Wednesday I put his food out that morning and it was not touched. I am not totally sure but I had not seen him drink water during the day Wednesday. Thursday morning I called the vet and the doctor said bring him in at 8:00am, I did.
            The vet has new rules so I sat in the car and they came out and took the Tres. They had big masks on to keep from getting or sharing the virus. When they got to the door he looked back at me and did not want to go in. They got him inside. I sat out there in the Ford’s ole vehicle for almost an hour.
            They gave him a shot that should help he stomach settle down. They did a blood test and said everything looked ok. They sold us some meds that we need to give him every 8 hours, which is supposed to help his throat, if it is irritated. It took both of us to give him his first dose.
            Tres has not eaten anything Thursday and he has not drank any water. I have not seen him Potty. I called the vet Thursday afternoon and she said, bring him back. They gave him a laxative via suppository. They said he went a little. I brought him home and he went out in the back yard and he went a little more. Then he went and got a drink of water. When he came back in the house he got a large drink of water, still not eating. We are glad he is drinking water.

Friday: I put some of the can food in Tres bowl and he ate a little bit but not all. Donna and I gave him his medicine, we have to force his mouth open and he don’t like that. After giving the meds this morning he was looking at the container that have marshmallows and his treats in it. These treats are not on his special diet but we decided to see if he would eat it. He eat the marshmallows and the other treats. We decided if he would eat this, to try something else. We had Turkey for supper last evening, so Donna gave him some turkey and he ate it.
            We are to keep an eye on him and call the vet Friday morning. Drinking water and eating even if it isn’t on his special diet, is good. Let’s hope he gets totally better. 

            Now let’s talk about me! I have a photo and it is of me, you are welcome! Click to believe!
                                                            
            I took this photo so you, the reading public, might enjoy thinking about a senior retired person and not that other stuff that is going around. As you review this photo of yours truly, you should be thinking that this senior retired person appears a little different. What has changed about this hansom ole fellow? No, you should not be looking at the ole Ford nose, which has always been there. You should have noticed that he shave the hair off his chin. Thanks for not noticing, what a friend!
            What? Yes that is my hat hanging on the wall behind me. Yes that is a dust and virus mask hanging on the door. What? You want to know what the orangish looking thing hanging behind me is. Not that it is any of your business, but it is the Tres dog lead.
            I try to provide you with a little personal photo, showing a slight change in the ole person, and you see everything but me. That is hurtful!  (Orangish evidently isn’t a word, so how did you know what I was writing about if it isn’t a word?)
Changing the subject; I am working on another theory about robots, but it will be published at a later date.

            Have a good weekend? What the heck are we going to do this weekend? Can’t go the local eating place for lunch or brunchI wonder if I have enough adult beverage to get me through this adversity.  

Get prepared, it will get worse before it gets better.
Stay home and be safe.
Senior blog author and all round nice guy; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: