Translate

Friday, March 6, 2020

Homeless in Hewitt 03.06.2020

            We hear a lot about the homeless population in the major cities, but not much in the smaller towns such as Hewitt TX. It was difficult for me to believe what I was seeing. There was this attempt by a homeless to take an established home away from the resident.
            I was able to observe this attempt while sitting here in front of the Ford’s ole computer. As anyone who reads my articles should know, I have 8 cameras located around the Ford’s Homestead. I was here at the computer entering data, when I observed a struggle between a local resident and a Black stranger. The resident and his spouse were fighting with the Black stranger, and I was getting ready to go outside and see if I could help when, the residents were able to run the Black bird away.
            The sparrows were able to keep their bird house, which I believe they have lived in all winter, but there is evidence the black bird was planning to take possession of the house, if he could get inside. The round opening is small, and allows birds the size of a sparrow or smaller to occupy the house.
            I have two similar houses on the front porch, and I have photos of both. The first house has not been bothered by the black bird, and as such, you should be able to see the opening is as it was, when I created it, a couple years ago. In the second photo we see evidence that the larger black bird was attempting to increase the size of the opening.
            Stop looking at the reflection of the photographer, “Me”, in the window, this is about the bird houses! Click on the photo to enhance your enjoyment!
                                               

May your home be safe from intruders!

Senior bird house developer and all round good photographer, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: