Translate

Monday, February 3, 2020

Who Knew 02/03/2020

            I didn’t know! Now I am unhappy and I will likely stay that way for another 6 weeks! I guess everyone knew yesterday was ground hog day, and that the official HOG, is located up north. The official HOG didn’t see his shadow which means, the northern folks will get an early spring.
            Who knew Texas had armadillo day? Now the official Armadillo lives down close to Huston Texas, and he saw his shadow yesterday. Six more weeks of this freezing cold bad weather. The prognosticators have taken up the armadillos forecast and are saying there is a possibility of rain, sleet, and maybe even a snow flake or two, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
            We are supposed to have a nice day today, so I better not sit around in my new chair. I should get outside and do something. I might go out and dig up the toy that I saw Tres hide yesterday. I assume he got it from the kids who are often out in the neighbor’s back yards daily. They toy was a stuffed doll and he buried it in the black berries.
            What? Yes I watched some of the soup bowl. The best part was the salad with pieces of spicy chicken in it, the homemade tamales, and chips with a cheese dip. No I did not watch the half time show! Yes I did see the beginning of the 4th quarter but I went to sleep and did not see the end of the Soup Bowl. I know some team won but I don’t need to know who won!
            It is difficult for me to understand why anyone would pay thousands of dollars to go sit in a stadium to see paid people throwing a ball and hitting each other, when they could stay home, have excellent food, save money and see all the action up close with easy to see replays. I know, there was a super-sized TV screen for those in the stadium, so people could see the replays.
            No one ever paid to watch me work, why should people pay to watch these people work? Trust me on this one thing, it isn’t a game when they pay people large amounts of money, to do what they do! It is a job, and people pay to watch them work!
            Let’s cover a different subject. After returning from dropping Gabi off at school we naturally returned to The Homestead. Tres is always a little anxious to get out of the Ford’s ole Chevy, and today Charlie was there sunning on the driveway. Yes even in this freezing cold 60 degree weather, Charlie can still get a little sun. To make a short story longer, Charlie ran, Tres followed, Charlie went up the tree. Photo to follow, click to enhance.
                                    
            As you may see, Charles is perched in the Y of the tree, where he sharpened his claws. Now I do not know why we say cats are sharpening their claws when they are scratching on the tree. Wouldn’t that dull their claws? No, that is not Tres chained to the bottom of the tree, that is our dog Spooky, she has been on a diet.

            In the second photo we see the Charles posing for the photo. The bird houses are far enough away that Charlie and other cats cannot reach them.
            In the two photos you may be able to see the frigid cold weather we are having.

May your spring sprang early!

Senior retired person and once good guy; Don Ford

No comments: