Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2020

First time 02.20.2020

            The first time for anything, is it good, or is it bad? As I have given long and thoughtful consideration to this subject, (over two minutes) it has occurred to me the answer is, “yes!” You probably have the question in mind, how did this world renowned author, come up with such a probing subject. I will try to enlighten you, the reading public, but first, it has rained again.

            As I and the Tres went out for our, I mean his, early morning Potty break, it was still raining. I took my ole senior body over to the Ford’s ole rain gage, where I observed an amount just a little over 2.5 inches. This 2.5 inches has raised the areas February total rain fall amount to second highest ever recorded. Yep the Fords back 40 is standing in water, and I doubt that this standing water will go away as quick as the last large rain fall did (the ground is still wet from the last rain).

            Now let us see if I can remember what I was attempting to write about. The first time for anything, is it good, or is it bad? The short answer is, it depends on your view. Allow me to explain my view.

            This morning as I was making my first cup of real coffee, I placed to pod onto the coffee maker, and closed down the top. I picked the amount of coffee I wanted and push the start button. While the coffee was being made I went into the front room and turned on the light. Returning to the kitchen I thought the coffee maker sounded funny. I immediately observed that I had not placed a coffee cup under the coffee dispenser. The coffee was draining into the liquid catcher at the bottom, and I quickly place the cup under the dispenser catching the rest of the coffee.

            The coffee was caught in the liquid catcher and did not go all over the counter. So what got me to thinking about the first time? That was the first time I can remember, not checking that my coffee cup was in place before I pushed the button. In the past I have always check that but not this time. I guess when we get old we can’t remember to do everything.

            Let us consider a different subject, have you observed todays date. There is lots of 2s and 0s in it, “02/20/2020”.

The last topic for the day…

            Optimistic person sees most things as positive, aka good!

            Pessimistic person sees most things as negative, aka bad!

Which are you, which do you want to be?  

 

Senior almost know it all, Don Ford

No comments: