Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Three stooges 02/15/2020

               It was a cold but not very windy winter morning, the sky was cloudy but not supposed to rain, as I sat here at the Ford’s ole computer hoping to come up with something to write about. As usual, our cat Tres was under foot, so I was sitting sideways at the desk as I attempted to enter this data into the Ford’s ole computer. The TV located next to the computer monitor was on, and the so-called news was being repeated. I personally am sick and tired of the same crap (aka news) and the same commercials, all the time. Yes, I believe you are correct, this senior retired person sees too much TV.
               So what did I do, I changed channels. The three stooges was on and I watched. The three stooges TV shows do not make much sense, but they are better than that so-called news.

               My ole computer has a tendency to basically take a break for about 5 seconds, and then start again. I attempt to move the mouse and the cursor just stops, after a few seconds it starts again. Just a short break, I guess the old computer has to stop the cursor while it is thinking, then when it has decided what to do, it allows the cursor to move again. Senior retired persons can’t afford new computers.

               Heck one of my emails is still not working and I haven’t been able to fix it. Oddly enough, I can still get the email on the somewhat smart phone, and then I can forward it to the other email that is still working on my ole computer. The problem is I have no idea what the password is. I know what I put in when the email was originally installed, but that don’t work. I assume the password was changed somehow.
               I have considered deleting the email from the computer and then reinstalling it but I have a fear that it might also stop working on the phone if I do.

Three stooges or news, your choice!


Senior silly and underprivileged stooge, Don Ford               


               The Ford’s ole water heater has given up! Here is the short explanation of the event. As I was being forced, I mean allowed, to wash the dishes the other night, the water became so hot it was hurting my hands. That evening during shower time the water was so hot that it was difficult to take the shower. Then the next day there was no hot water.
               Being a retired senior person on a fixed income, I hated to do it but, I called the plumber. The plumber said, the heater needed a new thermostat and new heating elements. He drained the water heater, there was a lot of buildup in the bottom of the heater, but it drained ok.
                                                           
               Above photo is of water on the drive way from the water heater. The white stuff is the build up from the water heater.
               We noted that we would like to have a tank-less water heater in the future. The plumber said it would be very expensive. He said we would need all new wire from the panel to the heater and possibly a new panel, he was not in favor of tank-less.

               Ole senior people have it so rough!
              

No comments: