Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Clean up 02/05/2020

            On Monday of this week I went into the Ford’s ole garage and attempted to clean up a little bit. I decided to clean off the work bench, which I did, mostly. It seemed that each time I moved or tossed out anything, I found items than needed to be swept up. I am not only a good sleeper I am a good sweeper

            I had a tote filled with items that I had made from ole tree trimmings. I considered them as art work but I was the only one who thought that. These Items consisted of candle holders, pencil holders that could be placed on a desk, and some were made to hold small flags. I didn’t know anyone who would want them so I tossed them all in the trash.

            I have made some room in the garage which allows me to be able to get to the tools and work bench without moving a bunch of items.

            On Tuesday I went out to trim along the side walk, where the Jasmine vines were hanging over the walk way. I also went all around the Jasmine beds. These Jasmine vines grow around and through anything and everything. I plan to cut it all down to about 4 inches above the ground, early this spring. These jasmine beds are also full of acorns from this year and previous years. There will be a lot of work for a senior retired person.

            Years ago I would use the lawn mower to mow the Jasmine down to about 3 or 4 inches, it would always come back thicker than before. I have let it get too tall for the lawn mower so I will use the hedge trimer and the string trimer, might need the chain saw. If it don’t come back this year, I will allow grass to grow there, either way is ok with me. There is a bunch of acorns that I left out in the street today, it is supposed to rain and that should take care of the acorns. If it don’t rain I will need to clean them up.

           The north wind was blowing so hard I did not attempt to pick up any of the leaves or vines yesterday. 40 mile an hour winds will clean the leaves from my yard.

            Since you did not ask, I will tell you, I am enjoying the new bible. I am actually learning more about things that I thought I already knew.

            The weather is cold today, and some out west of us might see a snow flake or two. I would like to see some snow falling, but not sticking.

 

Hope your day is full of…!

Senior frost bitten retired person; Don Ford

No comments: