Translate

Monday, February 10, 2020

The weekend 02/10/2020

            The weekend in review, that is, in my view.
            Saturday morning we went to Alex’s basketball game. It was a close game but Alex’s team lost by 2 points. After the game my spouse of half a century and I went for lunch, we had pizza. It was an excellent pizza and there was pleasant conversation.
            Arriving home there was a short nap for the ole retired senior person. Then I went out and started removing some of the boards from the Ford’s ole, “Fort K”. What is Fort K, it is the fort I built for the kids, that is where the K comes in. This removal of some boards was a test run just to see what I will need to do. I did an excellent job of putting it together and it will be a task to take it apart. I intend to use some of the lumber from Fort K to build a small shed for the riding mower.
            Sunday started off with light rain and temps in the mid-50s. We need the rain so no complaints on my part. We had lunch and after lunch we went to visit a friend who is in a nursing home. He is doing better, he is now able to eat and drink which had been a problem. He seemed in good spirits, he needs to get his strength back.
            Different subject: I took a photo the other night of the moon. I was trying to get the moon but all the surroundings made the photo much better, and the moon was very large. I did put the photo on Facebook. Click to enhance.
                                               
            You are correct! I am an excellent photographer even when I use by kind of smart phone. Speaking of cameras, I thought I had lost my monopod, so I bought another. The next day, I found the first monopod.    Stuff happens!           Tripod is three, monopod is one!
            Some stories in the bible are more thought-provoking for me, than I remembered. The following is part of a story and it may not be worded exactly as it was in the bible.
            Two angels came to Sodom, Lot met them at the gate. They went to his house where later the house was surrounded by men of the city wanting to have relations with the two. Lot offered them his two daughters, but the men from the city wanted the two angels, who I believe appeared to be as men. The men from the city were trying to break the door down, when the angels cause them to be blinded.
            Lot, his wife and daughters were told to leave Sodom and do not look back for any reason. The city and surrounding areas were being destroyed. His wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt. 
            Lot and his two daughters were living in a cave after the destruction of the city. The oldest daughter told the younger daughter, our father is old there is no man on earth to come in to us. They decide to get their dad drunk on wine and then have sex with him to preserve their family through their father. They both got pregnant and both had boys.
            What a story!

What one remembers, may not be!

Senior retired person who is still pondering and learning, Don Ford

No comments: