Translate

Friday, February 21, 2020

It happened 02. 21.2020

            It was a cool afternoon about 3:20pm, I was sitting in the Ford’s ole Chevy with my tablet in hand. The program of solitaire was on and I was playing intently. I had won several games when I started earlier but I was not winning anymore. I had the driver side window cracked about one inch, allowing just a little cool air to come into the vehicle.

            I was focused on the game, when I heard what sounded like a gun shot. I do know what a gunshot sounds like. I literally jumped as it sounded very close to my vehicle. I quickly began to look around for someone with a gun. I had decided a long time ago, if I was ever anywhere that someone was shooting people, and I was in my vehicle, I would run over them. I continued to look for a couple minutes but I saw nothing unusual. I decided it must have been something that sounded like a gunshot but not a real gunshot.

            A minute or so passed when a police officer walked up to my vehicle and asked if I heard something like a gunshot. I said I did and it scared me. He wanted to know where the sound came from, I said I did not know but it sounded close. He walked to a couple of the cars behind me and I assume asked the same questions.

            It was time for the kids to get out of school, but no kids came out. I knew then, they were on lock down. There were other police vehicles on the parking lots. This main parking lot will park close to 300 vehicles. A couple people had gotten out of their vehicle and began walking toward the school when the police told them to get back into their vehicles and stay there.

            After about 15 minutes passed, with the police going through the parking areas, they must have decided the sound was not a gunshot so they let the kids come out.

            I thought it was a gun shot, a large caliber gun shot, it scared me, I guess it could have been something else. It all ended well!

 

            Diverse subject, I have a tendency to observe actions and listen to comments / words. Possibly this is because I did use body language when dealing with applicants for employment and co-workers. (Did you note I use co-worker and not employee, we were all co-workers employed by the company, am I politically correct again.) For some reason I occasionally hear people on TV say the word, “Important”, but they seem to use a “d” in the place of the first “t”, “Impordant”. Maybe it is easier to say the word with a “d”.

            Silent letters in words, why are they there? There are words that begin with “Ph” and they are pronounced as “F”.           Examples, “Pharaoh or Pharmacy”.

            Now I know what that one person is going to say, the words come from another country and they pronounce words different than we do. I don’t care, we don’t have to do it.

 

Body language and words will tell you all!

 

Senior extrapolator and jurist, Don Ford  

No comments: