Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Gee Haw 02.25.2020

            Well now that I have the title line, it just came to me that there use to be a TV show with an almost similar name, “Hee Haw”, but that has nothing to do with the title line. My title line is Gee, Haw.
            My spouse of over half a century and I were in the Ford’s ole Chevy heading to the Barrel restaurant for our noon repast, when an ole song from the 60s came on the radio. Nope, I don’t know the name of the song, but it was about dancing. In one part the singer says, when I say Gee, move to the left, and when I say Haw, move to the right…  
            I am still on the same subject, just bear with me please. For that one person who has never been around work horses and mules, they would not have known that one could verbally instruct the horse or mule to, move or turn, right or left.
            In the olden days, I was around enough work horses to know, Gee means right, and Haw means left.
            If one was plowing behind a horse or team of horses, the human would have both hands on the plow handles, and the rains that are used to guide the team would be over one shoulder and around the humans back. If the human needs the horse or team to move over to the right he would say, “Gee over”, in a loud voice and they would move to the right. These terms were also used when getting the team in position to attach them to a wagon. Yes there are other verbal commands but they have nothing to do with the song from the 60s.
            To make this short article longer, in my opinion, the ole rock and roll song had the commands backwards!     Yep, I know, no one cares.

            Our cat Tres, I mean our dog Tres, has hidden a stuffed toy again. We still do not know where he got the stuffed toy from, it is a white Smurfs toy. He had hidden it once before in the black berry patch, I think I had reported on that. We had not seen the toy of late and then yesterday as I was wondering through the back 40, there it was. I could see just the tip of it sticking out of the ground. Photo to follow, click for your personal review. 
                                                                       
Tres has hidden the stuffed toy under the edge of his outside water bucket. If you can see the white area, that will be a foot or a hand of the stuffed toy. Tres likes to hide things, and if he sees that I see where he has hidden it, he will dig it up and move it.

            What did I do yesterday since the weather was great and the temp reached 74 degrees? Since no one asked, I will enhance your day with a non-detailed description.
            First, I butchered the shrubs at the back of the house. They were from 10 to 12 feet tall, now they are about 7 to 8 foot. The Ford’s ole trailer is about half full of the debris.
            Second, I butchered the rose bushes in the back 40, cutting them down to about 4 foot high and they are not hanging out over the edge of the flower beds anymore.
            Third, I went to the Ford’s ole Fort K and removed some boards, still a lot to go.
            Fourth, I went and picked up Gabi at school.
            Fifth, I read the bible. I have been reading my almost new bible, and if you remember I do not normally enjoy reading. I have found it enjoyable reading the bible as I mentally get involved in how those stories took place.
            Now you know, I had nothing to do yesterday, just sitting around doing nothing is what this retired senior person is good at!

Hope you have more to do than I do!

Senior do nothing retired person; Don Ford

No comments: